Carmel, Fishers, Lawrence and Surrounding Areas of Indianapolis
Here at MD Wellness Center and Med Spa, we use the FDA-Approved Sunetics Laser for Hair Restoration and Hair Regrowth.
This revolutionary technology provides a non-invasive, safe, and effective treatment to grow hair and treat hair loss in both men and women.
With Sunetics Laser for Hair Restoration, the progression of hair loss is halted, follicles are repaired, and new, healthy regrowth is achieved.
Hair grows in a continuous cycle. The hair growth cycle consists of four phases: Growth (Anagen), Transition (Catagen), Resting (Telogen), and Shedding (Exogen). The image shown illustrates each of these phases throughout the life of the hair.
At any given time, 10-20% of your hair is in the Catagen or Telogen phase waiting to be shed and replaced by an active Anagen hair, while up to 90% of your hair is growing. The Growth phase typically lasts 3-6 years in a healthy hair, but if the Growth phase is shortened, hair will enter the other phases to quickly and starts to thin.
The average person loses about 100 hairs per day from the Resting (Telogen) phase. Excessive hair loss occurs when more than 100 hairs per day are lost. For male and female pattern hair loss, this increase in hair loss is typically caused by the hormone dihydrotestosterone (DHT). As DHT builds up, the hair follicles begins to weaken and it becomes more and more difficult for the body to flush out the DHT quickly.
Eventually, DHT disrupts the normal hair cycle, shortening the Growth stage. This causes the hair follicles to miniaturize and consequently produce the shorter, weaker hair that is characteristic of thinning hair. In the continued presence of DHT, hair follicles may keep shrinking until they no longer produce hair and permanent baldness results.
The Sunetics Laser uses Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) technology to stimulate the hair follicles, heal them and help them to regrow into thick, normal sized hairs. It is FDA Cleared technology, means, it is both Safe and effective treatment for hair restoration.
As we age, DHT (Dihydrotestosterone) Hormone begins to attack the hair follicle, choking off the oxygen and nutrients, leading to hair growing back thinner. If the hair follicle is not treated, finally the hair falls out and, ultimately, the follicle dies.
Studies show that low level laser therapy is able to:
- Increase the production of ATP (Adenosine triphosphate) molecule to energize & repair the weakened follicle
- Increase blood circulation to the follicle
- Increase the nutrient acquisition by the follicle
- Increase oxygen uptake and calcium ion mobilization
- Increase the rate of removal of harmful DHT hormone
- Decrease follicular inflammation
The increase in cellular activity and removal of harmful DHT allows the follicle to heal and regrow normal, healthy hairs.
What are the advantages of our Laser Hair Restoration treatment / Hair Loss Treatment?
- Safe & Effective
- No Pain
- No Downtime
- No Needles
- No Chemicals
- No Anesthesia
- No Drugs
- No Side Effects
Hair regrowth has a natural look, as it is your own body producing new hair rather than transplanting hair Hair regrowth has a natural look, as it is your own body producing new hair rather than transplanting hair from some other area of your scalp.
- 48 treatment sessions protocol A-
- Twice a week for the first three months
- Once a week from three to six months
- Once fifteen days from six months to one year.
- 48 treatment sessions protocol B-
- Twice a week for six months
- The laser treatments should be scheduled one day in between; they should not be done two days in a row.
- Please note: based on the individual’s condition or progress, additional treatments or changes to these protocols may be recommended.
Each laser treatment is pre-programmed for 30 minutes.
There are not known adverse side effects from this treatments.
You will consult with the physician for free, who will explain if you are a right candidate for the treatment.
- Women: There are not many options for women to treat hair loss, Laser Therapy is perfect for treating women because it is non-invasive and produces great results.
- Men: who are in the early stages of hair loss are considered better candidates than patients experiencing severe hair loss (slick shiny bald).
- Ethnicity: The Sunetics Laser Technology has been clinically proven to be safe and effective for all ethnicities.
- Women with post-menopausal hair loss: Studies show that women have stopped their excessive hair loss and regrown their hair in the post-menopausal stage with the Laser
- Age group: The Sunetics Laser Technology has seen great clinical results for patients from 18 years old up to 87 years old.
Physicians have reported that approximately 99% of their patients report that the excessive hair loss they have been experiencing ceases at about the 4th to the 6th week. Normally, every person loses about 100 hairs a day. However, what we are talking about is excessive hair loss, that is more than 100 hairs a day.
Patients results will vary in response time:
The EARLY Responders can successfully go through all the 3 stages and see dramatic results as early as 2-3 months. The AVERAGE Responders see hair growth around the 6 month mark, which is at the top of the bell curve. This is where the majority of patients see results.
The LATE Responders may not experience stage 3 results until as late as 10-11 months after starting treatments. They can move through stages 1 and 2 while stage 3 results take longer.
Yes, studies show the combination treatment of PRP with Laser helps hair regrow faster. Please talk to our physician about the combination treatment.
Before & After
Want to see more before and after photos? Check out our Gallery. Click here.
Here are some of our services worth checking out: