MD Wellness Center & Med Spa offers the state-of-the-art hair loss solutions for men and women suffering from thinning hair, baldness and pattern hair loss using Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) and Platelet Rich Fibrin (PRF) in Indianapolis.
We use the most scientifically advanced process to prepare the autologous conditioned plasma (PRP). We use a double spin method which results in the highest concentration of plasma with high density growth factors.
We are confident that we achieve one of the highest concentrations of enhanced plasma for milliliter of blood to provide you with the best treatment possible!
Patients also have the option to be treated with PRF.
Exosomes are responsible for cell to cell communication and for facilitating the exchange of signals between cells like – Fibroblasts, Keratinocytes, and immune cells etc. They also help to transfer growth factors, cytokines, and genetic material, which have shown to be helpful in tissue repair and improving skin cells.
BENEV uses innovative technology to separate the purest exosomes from stem cells.
These are topical use solutions with 5 Billion stem cells derived Lyophilized Exosomes which helps scalp:
- Hydrates and nourishes the scalp
- Promotes a healthy hair growth cycle
- Visibly makes hair look and feel softer and shinier
- Noticeably reduces hair shedding
Anagen phase: The growth phase, which lasts from months to years. The longer the hair stays in the anagen phase, the longer the hair grows.
Catagen phase: This varies with genetics and multiple other factors. Once the catagen phase starts, the hair follicle stops growing, and it also loses its melanin. Melanocytes in the bulb of the hair follicle start dying. This stage lasts for two weeks
Telogen phase: This lasts for one month to four months. During this phase, the hair is not growing. The cells at the base continue to survive and support the hair at the end of the phase. The hair shaft is shed, and within two weeks, new hair starts growing from the follicle again!
There are multiple reasons for hair loss. Some of the most common are listed below:
- Androgenic Alopecia
- Radiation Therapy
- Alopecia — Alopecia Areata, Traction Alopecia, Cicatricial Alopecia
- Tinea Capitis
- Folliculitis of Scalp
- UV Radiation
- Telogen Effluvium
- Anagen Effluvium
Androgenic Alopecia is the most common reason for hair loss in both men and women. In men it starts in temporal areas and gradually the hair line goes back. While in women, there is a diffuse thinning of hair but the hair line itself is preserved. In both men and women hair loss happens gradually over time. If hair loss is sudden, then it is not Androgenic Alopecia. All treatments we are going to discuss are only for Androgenic Alopecia. So before considering any of the treatments below, we will take a detailed history, take a clinical exam and see if there are any secondary reasons for hair loss. If there are any secondary diseases leading to hair loss, we will treat them or refer you to a dermatologist. Once we rule out secondary reasons for hair loss, we offer treatment for Androgenic Alopecia.
There are multiple treatments for Androgenic Alopecia:
- Topical creams
- Cosmetic procedures
- Biological treatments
- Laser Hair Treatments
Yes. We offer all treatments in our office except for hair transplants.
We use different combinations of hair loss treatments for both men and women based on the stage of hair loss and underlying conditions.
- Medical treatment alone- both topical and prescription medications
- Microneedling with prescription medication
- Microneedling with Minoxidil and prescription medication
- Microneedling with Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) and prescription medication
- Laser Hair Restoration is an excellent combination with PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) and Microneedling.
- Microneedling alone: This creates minute trauma to your scalp. We do three to four sessions and review the progress. The mechanism of action is the bulge area of hair follicles get stimulated by the micro needling which leads to formation of new hair. This is the treatment which is offered to patients who have very slight hair loss.
- Microneedling with Minoxidil: Here we use Minoxidil along with Microneedling. We use microneedling as a base procedure and apply Minoxidil as a topical agent immediately after microneedling. We send patients home with minoxidil to use at home.Frequency of the treatments is same
- PRP with microneedling – recommended treatment protocol is three treatments over six months. And can continue treatments on an annual basis after the first series of treatments.
PRP works by releasing the following growth factors –
Growth factors in PRP—there are many, but the main ones are listed below–
1) Platelet-derived growth factor – Alpha
2) Transforming Growth Factor- Beta
3) Vascular Endothelial Growth factor-
4) Epidermal Growth factor-
5) Fibroblast Growth factor
6) Connective Tissue Growth factor
7) Insulin-like Growth factor—
All the above growth factors stimulate stem cells, increase the production of new hair follicles and growth of new hair also decreasing loss of existing hair.
PRP with microneedling with Laser Hair restoration- If you want to see the best results, this is the treatment we recommend.
Laser Hair restoration – you can get Laser hair restoration alone.
PRP is derived from a patient’s own blood. It is a concentrated autologous blood product. It has a minimum of 700,000 to 1,000,000 platelets.
Before & After
Want to see more before and after photos? Check out our Gallery. Click here.
Want to read more? Here are links to content that might be helpful to you.
Here are some of our services worth checking out: